Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Recommended reading material

One of my favourite art and design blogs is Meighan O'Toole's 'My Love For You Is a Stampede of Horses'. Meighan's interviews give a good insight to each artist's process and whenever I visit there's always someone new to find out about, each one absolutely amazing and unique.
































I first saw Allyson Mellberg-Taylor's work in the Process/Inspiration section and fell in love with the detail, colours, randomness and the fact that Allyson and her husband Jeremy create their own homemade inks! I experimented a few weeks ago with pomegranate peel and juice but didn't really know what I was doing. One batch went moldy soon after and the other one smells like wine. I'd forgotten about it and now i'm a little afraid of using it just in case I end up with a moldy drawing....although that could be interesting. After seeing reading Allyson and Jeremy's blog i'm inspired now to learn more and hopefully make some proper inks.

/ca

No comments: